Monday, April 16, 2012

The Blessing Of Contacting

HEEELLLO- Yesterday Irmã Wilde and i were able to see the fruits of our labors.. Severino was baptized and it was LEGIT!! We met Severino at the Metro stop and quickly chatted with him before he had to catch the metro. In the past two weeks we have been able to teach him the lessons and basic principles of the gospel.. He is single man and we couldn´t teach him in his home so we normally taught him at Mcdonlads.. It made our lessons fun and interesting. He is one who has done research on many religions and practices his beliefs in a church here in Portugal (can´t remember the name) But the moment he picked up the book of mormon and read Nephi.. His mind was blown. He said the other day.. I know the book of mormon is true. I know Nephi was a prophet.. I want to be mormon.. we were kind of confused at first because we thought he wanted to be mormon the prophet.. ha ha but as he explained he said I want to be mormon.. I want to be baptized! He was so receptive to the lessons and the spirit. At church yesterday we talked about the priesthood in Gospel Principles and can´t wait to receive the priesthood. He is the greatest blessing from me right now in my mission.
Sometimes i hit these bumps in the mission and i think.. Is anyone really paying attention to what i am teaching?? Do they really care about the message or even Jesus Christ? Are they being baptized just to be baptized and never had plans to return to church?? Of course we all know who is putting those doubts in my mind, but it is really hard to tell when you have men professing their love for me and my companion during our missionary discussions. It is so annoying. Anyway, During the baptismal service Severino bore his testimony of how grateful he was that we stopped to talk to him at the metro stop the day we met him. He said he saw our smiles and when we began to talk about Heavenly Father, then he was hooked. He said that normally people just say God and don´t have respect for his name, but he loved the way we cherished his name and referred to him as Heavenly Father.. I am so excited for his future in the gospel because i know he is going to kill it out here.. He is not afraid to say what he feels and i know he will bear his testimony whenever he has the chance.. I truly still cannot comprehend my calling as a missionary. It is ridiculous, and such a blessing.
I know that the Book Of Mormon has an impact on peoples lives when they read it, whether they choose to express that they believe it or not. It is the word of God and shows us the way of life.. I am so grateful i have gained my testimony of the book of mormon sooner than later. Heavenly Father truly knows what is best for us and will shows us through diligent reading everyday..
I love you all XOXO
Com amor,
Irmã Boshard

p.s. Ooh, the Nylunds sent me a package with AMAZING chocolate.. oh my they are so sweet and thoughtful. Irmã Wilde and i ate it all in two seconds.. we were also doing a division with another irma and she loved it too... I am trying to make sure i can read the hand writing to send them a thank you, but can you confirm their address and send it to me..



*Posted By The Boshard Family

No comments: