Monday, August 29, 2011

Transfers

Family!

Transfers are today and...... I am staying in Odivelas. Irmã Joslin is leaving me and i am freaking out! Irmã Joslin only has one more transfer left and then she is going home to St. George. It´s funny to see missionaries getting close to going home.. They are not ready! I have always thought missionaries can´t wait to get out.. but nope.. a lot of them love it in the field.. I can know see why.. but anyway.. I am staying another transfer here in Odivelas and I hardly know this area and i am getting a new companion from the Porto mission. I think her name is Irmã, ugh i can´t remember. I am so nervous to get around this city. Heavenly Father is going to have to help me in overtime this transfer.

This last week was crazy with one investigator.. His name is Lucio. He has a problem with smoking and depression. I can´t remember if i started talking about him last week but i´ll tell you again.. He is miserable in this life and he thinks that by smoking it will kill him. He wants to die and get out of the situation with his ex. As we taught him, we made many promises to him that the lord will help him if he comes close to Christ and is baptized. Yet everyday he would still smoke and tell us how hard it is to stop. We fasted, the Elders gave him a blessing, Irmã and i would pray with him on the phone when we couldn´t meet with him and long story short... He was baptized yesterday!! It was amazing. The service was small and so spiritual. It was just what Lucio needed. He was happy and all smiles yesterday. I loved every moment of watching his life change in the last 2ish weeks. Irmã and i tried to mark our investigator Alexandro this week, but he just insn´t sure if he should really be baptized twice.. It´s frustrating to testify and try to help others gain a testimony and they don´t really want to work for their own testimony. Then we did actually mark another investigator Madelena for baptism this Sunday.. She has a fear of water because she almost drown once, but we are working with her and she wants to be baptized. This work is growing insanely fast. So many blessings from the lord.

Last night Irmã and i met a girl who is dating a less active in our area.. We gave her the first lesson, she already has a book of mormon and is going to pray about what we taught to see if it is true. She loves everything about the gospel and i think she already has somewhat of a testimony of the book of mormon. Tonight we are going to meet with her and invite her to be baptized.

So- I have some answers for your questions fam.. My flat.. is incredible. I have heard that it is the nicest flat in the mission. it´s pretty big for the apartments here in Portugal.. or at least what i have seen so far. It is in the perfect location too. Right in the city by the Metro, Bus stations, Mini market, fruit market, the church is a 2 minute walk.. So you want to know what we eat.. hmmm everything! ha ha Mom- they have a lion bar cereal and it is delish! I thought of you and bought it. The Yogurt is a million times better here.. The juices are divine.. i love the walffle things we use to buy at the London Market, pastries are to die for, oh i could go on forever about the food.
Last night at a Recent Converts house i tried goat.. It was yummy.

oh this is my address in Odivelas.. the other address from last week is the mission office in Benfica.. send packages and other stuff there.. but send letters here for the next 6 weeks until i tell you if i am transferred again.

RUA ALFREDO ROQUE GAMEIRO
Nº5 3D
ODIVELAS 2675-279
PORTUGAL

One thing i really miss is being able to go to the temple. I love talking about the temple that will be built here though. People get so excited! Yet we still don´t have news about ground breaking or things of that sort.. Have you read anything about it? The stake president and President Torgan are very hush hush on this topic.. so you probably know as much as i do.. nothing. ha ha

I still love it out here. Yes, the work is tough but i am here for the Lord. I am ever so grateful to be serving.
I´ve gotta go and wait for my new comp. I love you. Take Care.

XOXO

Irmã Boshard



*Posted By The Boshard Family

No comments: